Forums de Wizou

Pour discuter des programmes de Wizou
It is currently Fri 29 Mar 2024, 01:39

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: FL Companion Not Showing Anything
PostPosted: Sat 13 Apr 2013, 10:12 

I've downloaded v2.02 off the official page. I installed it then ran it. The main windows pops up like it should, but it displays absolutely nothing; nothing in the drop down boxes, nothing in the text boxes, just a big black square where the map should be on the right side.

I've set the freelancer folder correctly, still nothing. The only indication that I've gotten that it's actually doing something was when I first told it to import data from a running game it popped up a message window that had only one line listing how many credits I had (it was accurate).

I am trying to get it working on the vanilla game. So it can't be a mod conflict (as far as I can tell)

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

The only thing I've seen that might have some bearing on whats happening is the thing about hacked freelancer.exe. I'm NOT running a hacked version that would allow multiboxing. I am however using an exe that came with the iso I downloaded so that I can run the game w/out having the actual cds in the drive. I think it's a fair assumption that the vast majority of people are running it in the same fashion. If that is in fact the problem then, considering I haven't had a copy of the cds in a very long time, I'm just screwed.

I don't suspect this has anything to do with the main problem though. From what I gather the companion simply reads the data files for all of the maps and such (it's the prices it'll pull from a running game). So in theory I should be able to run the companion w/out the game running and still get all the map data, right? In that case the .exe would have nothing to do with it.

I would really like to get this fantastic program running. Any help is appreciated!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: FL Companion Not Showing Anything
PostPosted: Thu 16 Jan 2014, 17:55 

I've got the exact same problem. Can someone help?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: FL Companion Not Showing Anything
PostPosted: Fri 18 Apr 2014, 04:18 

I'm running Windows 7 HP x64 and it worked fine for me (vanilla, JFLP, not installed to Program Files (x86), but none of that should matter). All I can suggest is using something like Process Monitor to see what files it tries to access.

Profile E-mail