Forums de Wizou

Pour discuter des programmes de Wizou
It is currently Fri 29 Mar 2024, 08:17

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Feature Suggestions / Development Question
PostPosted: Sat 12 Jan 2013, 20:21 

Hello there.

Premièrement: Merci beaucoup pour le Companion, c'est vraiment d'un grand secours!

After taking a closer look I have three ideas I'd like to suggest:

1. You are giving the optimal trade route for a particular starting point. Now, what if I wanted to know what the very best route in the entire universe was? As far as I can see, I would have to go manually through every single base and compare each result although it seems rather easy to combine all the listings for each base.

2. Now, what if I take that one step further. Normally after using a trade route A ---> B you don't just teleport back to A. So you want a combination, maybe B ---> C and C ---> A so that you eventually turn out where you started (or in the case of Freelancer reasonably close, so flying the last route with empty cargo could also be considered). So I wonder what is the optimal circular combination of trade routes in the entire universe?
I admit this seems to be a rather complicated problem and probably boils down to some NP-hard TSP variation.

So, my point is: I don't know whether you want to include my suggestions. I was thinking I could give it a try myself, so I found the possibility to export all the base-to-base distances which is pretty neat. However I did not find any way to export all the commodity prices and availabilities. So adding this would actually be my 3rd suggestion. :)
I think I found the inis which contain the information but I'm not quite sure on the data format. Then again, when using dynamic economy they wouldn't be as good as the data FL Companion has already parsed.

Sorry for the longer post, but I hope I made my ideas sufficiently clear. :)
Thanks,
whaite

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Feature Suggestions / Development Question
PostPosted: Sat 18 Oct 2014, 02:08 
Site Admin

Freelancer Companion is now open-source !

I just release the source code on SourceForge : https://sourceforge.net/projects/flcompanion/

Enjoy !