Forums de Wizou

Pour discuter des programmes de Wizou
It is currently Thu 28 Mar 2024, 15:43

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Feature request
PostPosted: Sun 24 Jul 2011, 23:43 

Thanks for continuing to develop this program!

For mod developers who use FL Companion for testing trade system changes, it would be extremely helpful to have an easy button to push in the program that causes it to refresh the data from the ini files. That would eliminate the need to close and relaunch the program in between market_commodity.ini edits. Modding the trade system requires many, many changes, check, changes, and rechecks, so this feature would save a lot of time during mod development. Having a button visible on the main display would be great, but if it has a keyboard shortcut, then being located inside one of the menus would be fine. Personally, I think I'd prefer a refresh button visible on the main display.

Also, I'm not sure if this is a bug, or just a standard feature of drop down menus, but if I have the station drop down menu active, and then type in a letter, the station menu scrolls to the first station that starts with that letter. That's very helpful, but if I wait a second and then try to go to another letter for another station, there is no response. To get a response I have to click the drop down menu again with my mouse, then press another letter. Eliminating the need to reselect the drop down menu with the mouse in between would speed up station selection a great deal.

Post subject: Re: Feature request
PostPosted: Mon 25 Jul 2011, 01:06 
Site Admin

good suggestions, i will check those out when i can

(i installed windows 7 and did not reinstall Freelancer since then, so it might take some time for me to progress on those)

PostPosted: Mon 25 Jul 2011, 01:16 

One more feature suggestion after talking with another developer today.

In some systems, the fastest paths calculated by FL Companion cross areas that are actually blocked by stars and their coronas. If FLC could take stars into account, even if it didn't account for varying corona size but used the smallest possible size by default, that would greatly assist in making route profitability more accurate, since right now routes that cross stars are priced according to less time than they actually require. This could apply to planets also, although I think that is probably less likely to be an issue, but taking planets into account would also be helpful, I suppose.

I imagine this may be a fairly complicated feature to implement, and I would certainly prefer to have a refresh feature sooner rather than later.

PostPosted: Mon 25 Jul 2011, 01:53 
Site Admin

it does sound complex to implement indeed, but i will take a look at it, and see if I release a version without it first or what..