Forums de Wizou

Pour discuter des programmes de Wizou
It is currently Thu 28 Mar 2024, 21:35

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Mining rates are wrong?
PostPosted: Fri 30 Jul 2010, 14:57 

Well, I have no idea on how you read out the mining ratios of certain fields, but playing on the official Disco server I noticed several of them are quite off.

E.g. it suggests that 20 scrap metal are dropped per asteroid in the New York scrap fields. If this were true, it would make one hell of a powermining location if selling the junk on Fuchu Prison.
But two issues arise:
1) The density of shootable asteroids is very low, so you don't have a high shoot-rock-ratio/second. I'm not sure if it's possible to include a number showing the average rock density of the field? e.g. ice fields usually have very many rocks, scrap fields have quite a low density.
2) The rocks you shoot never drop 20 scrap metal. Usually it's about half. 10-15. And that is including the use of proper mining layout that should even give bonus to the droprate when using a correctly ID/IFFed miner vessel (as I did).

Also, a possibility to "name" the temporary mining operations would be nice, or at least give them a numbering. If you set up multiple mining operations, it always picks up the values of the other location as well. to avoid this, you always have to close&reopen FLComp again so the old mining locations get deleted...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Mining rates are wrong?
PostPosted: Sun 01 Aug 2010, 18:12 

Mining rates aren't wrong in freelancer companion. They are read from the mod files on your harddisk.
The reason why you see a difference between what FLC says, and what the Discovery server has, is because on the Discovery server mining drop rates, and even the commodity resulting from a hit rock is controlled serverside via FLhook plugins.

Since Freelancer Companion reads the mod files from your disk, it has no chance of displaying what the drop rate is on an online server that uses FLHook plugins.

A&L Guy (Discovery server janitor)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Mining rates are wrong?
PostPosted: Tue 10 Aug 2010, 16:35 
Site Admin

Yes, and that's why adding a mining base in FLCompanion allows for manually tweaking the probabilities of loot (and the warning popup saying these can be changed server-side)

This way, the user can adjust what he feels is the current probabilities in a given mining field.

For simplicity/speed/limits of FLCompanion, I decided there would be only one virtual mining operation base. If you create a new operation base, it will remove the previous one.
So no need/possibility to name different mining bases for now.

Saving the location/data of the current mining base is also not very useful, as the probabilities can have changed server-side in the mean time..