Forums de Wizou

Pour discuter des programmes de Wizou
It is currently Fri 29 Mar 2024, 10:56

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Feature request: Mining
PostPosted: Sat 23 Jan 2010, 18:58 

Just found your program a couple of days ago, absolutely love it. I only have one request: one thing I do to make money is mine, and your program doesn't support that. Not sure how hard it would be to add in, but it would come in very handy for people who don't have a lot of money and want to make cash quickly.

As an example, I have a Border Worlds transport ship, cargo capacity 3,600. I have Capitol Armor Mk II, so that takes 120 cargo, which leaves me 3,480. I spent about an hour mining Iridium in Kansas today, traveled to Scarborough Base in Newcastle, and sold the cargo for a net *profit* (didn't have to buy anything, since I already had the ship) of $14,215,800. The time can be decreased if you have people (fighters) to help you shoot the rocks to collect the ore.

My main question is, would there be any way of adding this type of information in to your program? Even if it's just a field where I can enter the commodity and find where it sells for the best price, that would be extremely useful.

I'm playing on Discovery 4.85, I"m not sure if mining is implemented on other servers or not. That's why I suggested just a field where I can manually enter a commodity and see what it sells for all across Sirius Sector.

Thank you very much for such a great program.

[edit] My example wasn't as good as I'd thought, it turns out that there are places that sell Iridium. However, you can also mine Gold Ore, in the Dublin system, and it isn't sold anywhere, so I have no way of looking up where I could sell it using your program. I still believe what implementing a feature to cover Mining would be useful, however. [/edit]

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Feature request: Mining
PostPosted: Tue 18 May 2010, 19:22 
Site Admin

Hello

Sorry I don't plan to implement support for Mining operations in the near future

PostPosted: Tue 18 May 2010, 19:43 

OK, thank you very much for the courtesy of answering me.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat 19 Jun 2010, 17:50 
Site Admin

I changed my mind :)

Now available in Freelancer Companion v2.00:
You can create a virtual base for mining operations : just double-click inside a mining field on map!

PostPosted: Sun 20 Jun 2010, 00:19 

Thank you very, very much. I'm a member of a faction on the official Discovery server whose main reason for existence is mining, so now we have better ideas of where to sell everything.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed 30 Jun 2010, 16:56 

Aparently FLCompanion does not show all the mining fields in Omicron Delta, Discovery 4.85 update 3.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed 30 Jun 2010, 20:43 
Site Admin

If I understand your screenshots, you're saying that FLC show a mining field containing Water where it should show a mining field containing Iridium ?

I will check this Omicron Delta field but I think the reason is the same I explain in the "Mine here" button : The server can decide to change the mining field statistics (maybe the type of good as well)

In any case, you can always change the type of good & stats in the "Create virtual mining base" dialog