Forums de Wizou

Pour discuter des programmes de Wizou
It is currently Thu 28 Mar 2024, 10:32

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Discovery mod compatibility
PostPosted: Sat 28 May 2016, 06:46 

The last time that I manually updated the Discovery mod (from 4.88 to 4.88.1) was a little over a year ago, possibly late 2014, but more likely early 2015. I couldn't get Companion 2.02 to work with Discovery 4.88.1, so I switched to Companion 2.01 which worked until I quit playing the Discovery mod about a year ago. Like a moth returning to a flame, I started playing the Discovery mod again on April 8, 2016, but I wasn't able to get Companion 2.01 to work at all -- it crashes every time that I try to start it and doesn't seem to know how to find the Freelancer/Discovery files it needs, but it doesn't let me change where it is looking. DSLauncher has automatically installed every update of the Discovery mod since early 2015. I don't have a clue regarding why Companion isn't working now or why it stopped working. Can anyone tell me how to get Companion to work with the current version of the Discovery mod?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Discovery mod compatibility
PostPosted: Thu 02 Jun 2016, 04:06 

Update: I just uninstalled Companion 2.01 in case it had gotten corrupted, then reinstalled Companion 2.01, using the file I downloaded on March 8, 2015, only to again get the same error that won't let me start up Companion. The error code instructed me to use Ctrl-C to copy the information to send to the author, but I couldn't figure out how to paste the information (Ctrl-P brings up printer options instead of pasting), so I've copied the information manually:
Quote:
The system cannot find the path specified.
In: IniFile.cpp line 29
Value: 3 (0x3)
Please contact the author with this information
(Press Ctrl-C to copy this text)

Profile E-mail